10 Free Sweet Watermelon Crochet Patterns
Don’t these watermelon crochet patterns make you just want to run out and get some? Of all the treats from nature, I think this may be my favorite for many reasons. Here are some little facts about watermelons! CLICK HERE to save this to Pinterest.
- It originated in Africa.
- Citrullus lanatus is a plant species in the family Cucurbitaceae – which may be why it tastes a little like cucumber.
- It is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- You will also find B-6, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
- It has more lycopene than a tomato.
- It is antiparasitic and powerful diaretic.
- From seed to harvest is approximately 80 days.
- There are over 1200 different varieties of watermelon.
- Some watermelons don’t have stripes.
- The heavier the melon, the sweeter it probably is.
- You can pickle the rinds – Alton Brown’s Watermelon Rind Pickles Recipe
Jennifer says, “Summer is here and one of the most iconic (and most delicious) elements of summer is the watermelon! This juicy treat is pretty, yummy and fun to crochet too.” Check out her roundup: 10 Free Sweet Watermelon Crochet Patterns
If you love this, you will also love: 150+ Beautiful Flower Crochet Patterns and Nature Patterns, PLUS a dozen IDEAS for how to use them!