This is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed here are from personal experience.
Did you know that you can print out a free pattern from a blog without all the sidebars, buttons, and doodads? It’s true!
I have discovered this handy dandy website called Print Friendly that is amazing and very easy to use. If you would rather put it into a PDF file, it also gives you that option. (That’s what I usually do, but I often use an app on my phone rather than print patterns out.)
You don’t need to sign up to use it or download any software. Here’s how you do it:
1. Copy the URL of the pattern from your browser’s address bar. You can do this by left clicking on the URL or holding down the left mouse button and highlight it. Then click on the right mouse button. A menu should pop up and you should see “Copy”. You can also enter the URL manually.
2. Go to http://www.printfriendly.com
(You may want to open another tab to do this. I find that easier.)
3. You’ll see a box that says “enter a url”. You can type in the URL manually or paste it in the box if you copied it (put your cursor in the box, click on the right mouse button and select “Paste” from the menu)
4. Click on “Print Preview”
5. Here you can pick and choose which parts of the pattern you want to keep or get rid of. For example, many bloggers include buttons linking to their Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter pages. Just scroll over the parts you want to get rid of and “Click to delete.”
Be careful not to get too click-happy, or you may end up getting rid of information you want to keep! If that happens, there is an “Undo” button at the top right.
6. Select “Print” or “PDF”, depending on if you want to print it out or save it in PDF form. If you save it as a PDF, you can still print it out after you’ve saved it to your computer. It will walk you through what to do next. It’s just like printing a regular page or saving a PDF from a pattern site.
There you go!
Try one for yourself by using one of THESE Links.
Now you can print out any free pattern, recipe, or instructional you wish. Happy stitching!
~ Kyla Grexton, Keep Me In Stitchez
Would you like more help on How to Print Free Patterns from a Blog? Following are two more excellent resources:
Daisy Cottage Designs: “See that first box? The turquoise one that says ‘Get the Bookmarklet?’ That’s the one you’re interested in. All you need to do is drag that little gray button that says “Print Friendly” on it to your bookmark bar. ” Read more….
Moogly: “There’s a much simpler option – and it allows you to download them as PDFs too! It’s the Print Friendly button, and here’s how to use it.” Read more….
See MORE Tutorials HERE.